A delightfully dense chocolate cake recipe is a necessity for the recipe files of all true chocoholics. When it's as easy as this one and as fabulous too, it's a total no-brainer!
Some vanilla ice cream would be proud to sit beside a piece of this cake.
This cake is very moist and extremely easy to make.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water or coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Measure all ingredients into mixing bowl.
2. Blend with electric mixer, beginning on low setting, and increasing speed until batter is of smooth consistency.
3. Pour into greased and floured cake pan (s) (1 9x13 or 3 small layer).
4. Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick tests clean.
5. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool
Makes 15-18 servings
Takes 45 minutes; 5 mins. prep. time